OUR MISSION is to help student teams and their teachers overcome the challenges of team-based learning so that teams in any course, regardless of course content, may have a successful and positive learning experience in the classroom.
Educational research clearly shows students can benefit from collaborative learning experiences in the classroom.
Unfortunately, students often dread working together in groups. Why? Many have had poor group experiences in the classroom. Student teams face various challenges, including the following:
- identifying team roles and responsibilities
- agreeing upon group processes
- planning and coordinating task-related activities
- managing interpersonal conflicts
- balancing group time with work and family roles
- ensuring equal and fair contributions by all team members
These factors often combine to adversely affect the student’s performance and success in the class. Helping teachers and students overcome these challenges is the Team+ Mission.